Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 07-07-2012, 18:04   #45

Поблагодарили 2,132 раз(а) в 550 сообщениях
Файловый архив: 16
Закачек: 0
Re: Кетогенная диета

Цитата:
Сообщение от RomanK Посмотреть сообщение
На роупалео есть такой Лекс Рук, уже семь лет раз в день замес на 450гр мясо ливер жир. Анализы впечатляют, мозги у него работают замечательно. Действительно, не все так могут, некоторые добавляют углеводы из натурпродуктов и им хорошо. Что еще раз доказывает: подбери идеальное под себя и будь здоров :).
Понравился комментарий Лекса в теме http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/car...c-carnivorous/

Цитата:
I’d say that the answer depends on how you implement ZC. If you think you are going to eat only muscle meats and fat from grain fed meats at your local market, I think you will ultimately end up with problems. If you eat grass fed meats and include a small amount (10% or so by weight) of a wide variety of organ meats (liver, kidney, tongue, heart, spleen, pancreas, tripe, etc), then your prospects of being successful with ZC for the long term are probably pretty good.

ZC is not magic. There are significant trade-offs between ZC and VLC and I think VLC (5% to 10% of total calories from carbs) is probably the better choice for most people as long as they eat grass fed meats and organs as stated above and are willing to follow Paleo principals when choosing the carbs they eat.

I’m sure you’ve read the glowing reports. Here’s the potential bad stuff.

A good percentage of people that attempt ZC go through a period of several months that stresses the adrenals causing rapid heart beat, arrhythmia, and palpitations. If there were some hidden heart problem this could conceivably cause death. I went through this as did Craig, Martin, and several others. We ultimately got over it, but in my case it took 8 or 9 months – maybe longer.

There is also an issue with cramping. Many of us experienced severe muscle cramps, especially night time leg cramps, that lasted for a period of 3 to 9 months depending on the person. These, too, finally went away.

I experienced kidney stones as I think did another person on this forum. Research shows that there is a significantly higher incident of kidney stones for people eating ZC than the normal population. My guess is that this is due to a reduction in water intake, but no one knows for sure. I can tell you that they are excruciatingly painful. Like a dull knife ripping through your gut with someone pouring alcohol on the wound. The pain is also relentless. It can go on for hours at a time with no let up. In my case, morphine didn’t kill the pain but did make it just bearable. No other pain killer would touch it. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

My experience shows that the symptoms of some metabolic based diseases can be alleviated, ( high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, some IBD, etc), but you aren’t cured. If you suffered from any of these problems and go back to eating your old diet you will quickly begin to suffer from the problems again.

Some issues may be prevented by a ZC or VLC diet, but once progressed beyond a certain stage, the symptoms can’t be reversed. My own experience shows that BPH and baldness fall into this category.

There is a widely accepted belief that if you eat ZC you can’t gain weight. This is not true. During the first 18 months or so, your body is adapting to burning fatty acids rather than carbs as its primary fuel. Initially it is very inefficient and many of the calories you eat are discarded. However, after 18 months or so, your body will have adapted and you will again gain weight unless you keep calorie intake equal too or less than energy expenditure. In all fairness, it is easier to keep calories down as fat is very satisfying and you naturally eat less. But don’t fool yourself into thinking that just because you lose lots of weight when you initially go ZC or VLC that this will go on forever. Unfortunately it doesn’t.

Finally, I don’t believe that there is any evidence that this is a life extending diet. What little I’ve been able to find on the subject seems to point to an average lifespan of around 85 years for those eating ZC or a similar diet. The plus side is that you are very active right up to the end and maintain mental acuity, while many who eat a more varied diet heavy in carbs often live well into their 90s but suffer a high incidence of debilitating strokes, physical degeneration, and dementia for the last 10 to 15 years of their lives. Again, it’s all about trade-offs.

You will also discover that the ability to do intense physical work (heavy weight lifting, wind sprints, etc) will be reduce, but activities requiring endurance will be enhanced – more trade-offs. Including some carbs (VLC rather than ZC), seems to offer the best compromise.

I have been ZC for about 4 years now and have kept good records of my experience. You will find much of what I’ve learned along the way in my journal if you are interested. In the future I will probably take my own advice and transition back to VLC as I have found little difference in the overall health benefits of ZC over VLC, and VLC may indeed have the upper hand for the long term over a deep ketogenic diet like ZC.
Amurti вне форума   Ответить с цитированием